Saturday 23 April 2011

I'm Still Sane the Voices Tell Me So!

Day 18 of my chemotherapy adventure and things are going well. (Thursday April 19 - just a late post.)  I feel great; I've been watching my diet, eating my greens and living life to the fullest.  I still think that I'm getting off easy so far.  For some this can be much worse but I also know that there are still 2 more rounds to go.

So today is meet with my doctor day and it all starts with a trip to the Tom Baker Cancer Centre for some blood work.  The nurses, I think, are part vampire as they are very efficient in draining most of my blood and also really seem to enjoy doing so.  After that my next stop was to see my doctor who tells me I'm good to go for round 2 and that things are responding well.  In fact so well that some how I've even managed to gained 7 pounds.  As I had mentioned in an earlier blog I had gone in to get a CT scan done to get a up to date picture of my tumours.  The results were the best news I've heard in a long time.  The chemo is doing its job and the tumours have shrunk by half. I also reviewed any problems and concerns that I've had with the last round and Yes! there is a medication that they can give me that will help with the hiccups.  They did warn me that chlorpromazine can really knock me out as it is normally prescribed as tranquilizer for schizophrenics.  Ok, so after a long discussion with the voices in my head we all agreed that it beats having the hiccups for 20 hours straight.  So tranquilizers it is!  For some reason Trysh and Noelle also thought that having me tranquilized was a great idea but neither the voices nor they would explain why.  My final stop was the pharmacy to get my drug supply topped off and another shot of the Neulasta for day five of round 2.

I could have done the happy dance when they told me that the tumours were shrinking as it is a big relief to know that the chemo is working.  Now I'm good to go for the start of round 2 on Monday but I would be lying though if I said that I am not having a bit of apprehension about this next round.  Like sticking a finger down my throat to make my self vomit, there is something that just doesn't seem right about making my self sick even if the end result is that I'll be better.  It's not that I'm worried, it's just that I really hate being sick.  However, I have to say that I'm still very positive, my life right now is very simple and that I'm very happy!  Thank you for all your support and as alway love you all.

 

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous news! here's hoping they keep shrinking away. Watch those tranks round Trysh ;) Good luck for Monday, will be thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete