Thursday 7 April 2011

Experiencing a Hick-Up

Day 1 of post Chemo round 1 and things could be worse.

I had to go back this morning to the hospital to have the IV bottle of bleomycin taken out.  Right after that: Bed!  Today has been like having the flu, which as things go, is me getting off pretty easy I think.  The nausea for the most part has been controlled by the meds but the fatigue has been a real ass kicker.  The biggest complaint that I can make is the hick-ups!  Most of last night I was kept up again by violent hick-ups about every 3 to 5 seconds.  As I've mentioned this is a side effect of the bleomycin chemo drug that they send me home with.  I did learn today that they have a medication that will counteract it and hopefully I'll get some for the next round.

I wish I had more to say today but all I want to do is sleep.  So at this point so I will say thanks for all the notes of encouragement, it is always uplifting to know so many of you are out there supporting me.  As always Love you All!

No comments:

Post a Comment